Saturday, January 30, 2010

Day 14,523 – Addendum

I have a certain sense of… I wish to say pride, but even that sentiment does not accurately convey what it is that I am feeling. Accomplished. That is what I feel. I feel accomplished, yes.

As an empath, I quite often become rather overwhelmed when in crowded situations. Added to this is the fact that my husband, whom I’m really quite empathically connected to, experiences overwhelm in such situations as well. It makes a trip to places such as Wal-Mart on a weekend an experience akin to… oral surgery?

Today, however, it was necessary for us to make just such a trip. Given that it is not only “payday weekend”, and many people are beginning to receive their tax refunds, it could have very much been what one of my friends referred to as hell on Earth. ESPECIALLY for those who are possessed of empathic abilities. My sense of accomplishment stems from the fact that I walked through the crowded mega-mart in such a cocoon of peace, the likes of which I cannot recall having experienced in Wal-mart previously.

How did I do it? This is a question that I have been pondering myself if for nothing more than future reference. In truth? I’m not entirely certain. I just focused on the peace, rather than that which would have otherwise filled me with tension. In addition to this, rather than focusing on my husband’s tension, I focused on sharing with him the feeling of peace I felt. Sending it to him.

It seemed to work because… I felt as though I was almost walking on air. Not in joy, but in peace.

It is also interesting for me to note that my friend who said it was hell on Earth had to be there around the same time that we were. She said she waited in line for 38 minutes to buy a few things, while we waited a moment or two before we were able to unload our cart. I suppose it just goes to demonstrate that which you focus on becomes your reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails