Saturday, May 1, 2010

Day 14,614 - Beltaine

A Happy Beltaine to all!  The growing season within, as well as without, is moving into full swing.  If only it would become more apparent here in the North.  The weather gods are taunting us.  A beautifully warm and sunny day here, and a COLD rainy/snowy day there...  I'm certain, however, in the middle of the summer, though, we'll be wishing for the cold, again.

As I was saying, though, the growing season is moving into full swing, and the seeds that were sewn early in the spring are beginning to sprout.  The manner which I truly am seeing this in a physical manifestation is where my writing is concerned.

Storytelling has been a part of my life ever since I was able to string multiple words together in a coherent sentence.  Perhaps even before then.  So, I suppose it comes as no surprise that one of my greatest dreams has always been to become a published author.  It is that dream that I have recommitted myself to this growing season, and to a small degree this is something that I've accomplished most recently.  I have become a contributing writer in a couple of venues, including Warriors and Kin.
Warriors & Kin, will give a voice to Pagan men and women who are serving, or who have served, in the United States military. Military Pagans have often been at the front lines of many Pagan rights issues, and their honorable service has endured prejudice and misunderstanding from politicians, government agencies, and even the Pagan communities they call home. We are hoping that this project will not only shine a light into the struggles of both Pagan veterans and active duty personnel, but serve as a tool to build bridges within our faiths between those who have served and those who have not.

In addition, the blog will also see contributions from military spouses, family, and supporters, including a Pagan mother whose son is entering the armed forces, a military spouse who wrote an award-winning book concerning Pagans in the military, and a volunteer with Soldier’s Angels, a nonprofit personal support group for deployed troops overseas.
In all honesty?  I've read the bios of the other participants, and I'm feeling a little anxious.  Intimidated.  I know that we all have unique experiences and things to contribute, but still... An award winning author? There are even meritorious veterans.  What does a military spouse that is trying to better define her own spirituality within paganism have to offer others in light of such contributors?

I tell myself, and fully believe, that there is a reason for everything, and this is no exception.  There is a reason that I came across the call for writers and a reason why I was invited...

I know not what the Universe has planned for me, but I'll happily follow along, knowing that there is some bigger plan that I cannot yet completely see.  It is all good, and it all has purpose.

~N

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails