Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Day 14,611 - Out of the Mouths of Babes

It just amazes me how much, as children, we innately "remember" with regard to our origins. That is, before we're taught to believe otherwise.

This morning, my littlest one, who we'll call Aine, and I were having a discussion that went something akin to this:

Aine: When you were a little girl, did you play dress up?

Me: Yes, I did.

Aine: Who did you play dress up with?

Me: I played by myself. I didn't have brothers or sisters to play with...

Aine: Awww. Well, when you grow up and then get smaller again, I'll be your big sister.

Now, naturally, I believe in reincarnation, but this is not something that I've yet addressed with her. She'll only be 4 next month. I don't want to say that she wouldn't understand because taking into consideration this conversation, I have little doubts that it's a concept that she still "remembers". Still... That, I believe, is on a spiritual level. On a mental one, though, I'm not entirely certain that she would understand...

This does cause me to recall a conversation that my mother related she and I had when I was still very small...

Apparently, we had been in San Francisco. As we walked along the street, I pointed out some old houses and told her that I used to live in a house like them. Now, she knew that we never had, and, therefore, concluded that I was recalling a past life memory.

This leaves me to wonder - How much more could we remember of other times, other lives, other states of being, if we were allowed to do so?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails